Well, that was...unexpected.
SPOILERS UP TO (and including) CONSTANTINE 1x08. Additional spoilers for Serenity (2005) and Red Dragon (2002).
In this episode:
- Fio has returned to discuss Constantine 1x08 "The Saint of Last Resorts," including the exploration of Zed's backstory, the Rising Darkness reveal(?), and TREE MADE OF FLEEEEEEEEESSSSHHHHH \m/ .
- Subbing Zed into the series in the repilot had its problems, and in hindsight the cracks are really easy to spot.
- The source of the Rising Darkness™ is revealed! And...it's not as effective as it should be.
- Locke & Key Digression (because Fio will always go out of his way to namecheck Ksenia Solo)
- Fio and Ian will be accepting applications and donations to their new organization, People for a Better Usage of Chas Chandler. (Only joking. Please don't send us applications.)
- Also, what we plan to do (or not do, as it were) over the break. While we're at it: when does Constantine come back?
- Happy holidays!
- Highlights from Fio's timestamps:
- The fact that we don’t really have a face to pin the rising darkness on is an issue for this show. This danger is being caused by a shadowy cabal, however they don’t feel oppressive or powerful enough to be a real threat, given that Constantine seems to solve all of the problems caused by the rising darkness tidily within nice 45 minute chunks.
- As I was typing that you said “General spooky shit is happening. Why? Who knows.” Which sums up the philosophy of this show pretty well.
- I get really uncomfortably excited about that skin tree.
- Intro music: "This is My Design" - original song, music by Ian. More on this as it develops.
- Outro music: "Raining Blood" - Slayer | YouTube | iTunes |
(Header image taken from http://screencapped.net/tv/constantine/thumbnails.php?album=14&page=11)