SPOILERS FOR ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW.
In this episode:
- At long last, our discussion of the 1975 cult classic Rocky Horror Picture Show, including Tim Curry, the stellar soundtrack, the obtuse plot, and its place as a cultural phenomenon.
- This is take two of this episode, so much like with our Sweeney episode, we try to hit on points we did the first time we recorded while keeping the conversation alive and organic. To...mixed results.
- Seriously, though, the soundtrack kicks ass, even if Ian's a little perplexed at how all of these songs came together.
- We talk about how we first saw Rocky Horror. Ian watched it with his Dad, which probably wasn’t weird at all, and then ended up seeing a shadowcast performance at college. Fio’s girlfriend made him go see it in high school.
- The production values, sets, casting, etc. of this film are pretty great, but watching it on its own, you don’t really get the full experience.
- We talk about other horror musicals we haven’t discussed during this series, putting the spotlight on The Devil’s Carnival and Jasper in Deadland.
- Again, apologies for the lateness of the episode and a potentially less-than-comprehensive discussion, due to this being a re-record. Technology was working against us for this one.
- From Fio: My bad, Superman doesn’t reprogram the population of Transilvane by playing westerns, he specifically does it by playing them Oklahoma! So this fits into our musical theme!
- Here's a link to the Decemberists/Silent Hill song parody Ian wrote (MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SILENT HILL 2): "James Hymn"
- "This is My Design" - Ian Doherty | SoundCloud | Bandcamp |
- "Time Warp" - The Rocky Horror Picture Show | YouTube | Amazon |
- "Science Fiction / Double Feature" - The Rocky Horror Picture Show | YouTube | Amazon |
- "Planet Schmanet Janet" - The Rocky Horror Picture Show | YouTube | Amazon |
- "Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch Me" - The Rocky Horror Picture Show | YouTube | Amazon |