SPOILERS UP TO (and including) THE WALKING DEAD 4x07 (as well as some minor spoilers for 4x08)
In this episode:
- Discussion of The Walking Dead 4x07 "Dead Weight," including the Governor's change of heart BACK, the Chamblers, the short life of Martinez, foreshadowing, and what horrors are yet to come.
- There are several things the writers could do next episode that would make Fio very upset with them. He elaborates during the podcast.
- What did guard duty ever do to this show?
- Tara has a girlfriend! We hope that neither of them get killed off before they're able to develop their relationship.
- Between 42:45 and 43:53, I mention some slightly spoilery stuff about next episode based on the sneak peek they showed during this week's episode of Talking Dead. It's nothing particularly big, but if you're a stickler about avoiding spoilers, there's your warning.
- How dark has this season been, really?
- We offer some predictions for the mid-season finale. None of them end in sunshine and rainbows.
- Aaaand we round out the discussion with some of our plans for the podcast during the break. Let us know in the comments here, on Tumblr, or through one of our other modes of communication what you'd like to hear us discuss.
- During our discussion of Tara and Alisha's flowering relationship, I kept trying and failing to remember the trope name for what I was talking about. It's the Bury Your Gays trope on TV Tropes.
- Also, this slipped our mind when we recorded, but to our American listeners: Happy Thanksgiving! And to our non-American listeners (or American listeners who don't celebrate Thanksgiving): Happy Thursday!
- Intro: "A Song for the Dead" - Queens of the Stone Age | YouTube | iTunes |
- Outro: "Take a Bow" - Muse | YouTube | iTunes |