SPOILERS UP TO (and including) HANNIBAL 2x09, as well as some spoilers for Red Dragon.
In this episode:
- Discussion of Hannibal 2x09 "Shiizakana," including STEAMPUNK WEREWOLF, WOOOOOOOO, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS \m/
- I SUPPOSE we discussed some other stuff, like Will and Margot's burgeoning relationship, Will and Hannibal's developing relationship, the use of the werewolf as a metaphor this episode, Will's plunge head first into darkness (not to be confused with the Star Trek movie of the same name), and many predictions for the future.
- We make a lot of references to bonearenaofmyskull this episode, 'cause she's just been plowing through questions about Hannibal and coming up with fantastic responses.
- Who was Bryan Fuller referring to when he talked about the three characters destined to die this season? We speculate. Ian's afraid that it won't stop there, hE'S A MONSTER, HE'LL NEVER STOP *sobs*
- We talk a little bit about the female characters on the show, and how many who were introduced in season 1 will stick around with us.
- What's Bryan Fuller's intention with all this talk of "becoming"?
- We were clearly invested in Buster’s fate given how long we’re talking about him here. Here is an epic retelling of the ordeal.
- Actual photo from last week’s Hannibal
- No outtakes this week. Sorry!
- I think what I was trying to say at the end of the podcast was something along the lines of, "Will has crossed 'the line'--now it's just a matter of seeing if/how he can come back over it once all of this is over."
- Highlights from Fio's timestamps:
- 11:07 - “Just another one of those murder opera things” sounds like the title of a patter song in one of the BEST MUSICALS EVER
- 55:05 - My speech on this podcast is goddamn shatnerian, the pauses I’m using here are ridiculous
- 1:05:14 - “I’m starting to wonder if Hannibal thinks of himself as Jesus Batman” I just want to remind you that this is a sentence that we are going to publish and commit to posterity forever and that is fantastic.
- 1:06:05 - Maybe we should make the point that saying Hannibal is just Batman without his one rule is an oversimplification because they’re vastly different characters, haha.
- Intro quote from The Wolf Man (1941) | YouTube |
- Intro music: "This is My Design" - original song, music by Ian. More on this as it develops.
- Outro music: "Hungry Like the Wolf" - Duran Duran | YouTube | iTunes |
(Screencap taken from http://screencapped.net/tv/hannibal/thumbnails.php?album=38&page=17)