SPOILERS UP TO (and including) HANNIBAL 3x03, as well as MAJOR SPOILERS for the novels/movies Hannibal and Hannibal Rising.
In this episode:
- Vic joins us while Fio tries to get his Internet back up and running.
- In case you missed it: My thoughts on Primavera, let me show you them.
- TERRIBLE NEWS: Hannibal has been canceled. D: D: D:
- BUT: There's a good chance it'll be picked up by someone else! Hopefully. Please.
- Discussion of Hannibal 3x03 "Secondo," including the reinvention of the Mischa backstory, Hannibal and Bedelia's relationship, the connection between Will and Chiyo, Pazzi and Jack, and where this leg (pardon the terminology, Dr. Gideon) of the season may be going
- There is a question of how far we should push things on Hannibal before it moves into the territory of bad taste.
- Familiarity between the feelings at the beginning of S2 and the beginning of S3
- Snails, man. Fuggin snails.
- The similarity between a lot of the somewhat nonsensical establishing shots in S3 and the ones from Twin Peaks
- Ian has theories about how the backstory may play out. No wAIT COME BACK
- Cleo's Antipasto and Mukozuke recaps
- I have original thoughts. Really.
- Highlights from Fio's notes:
- Vic? Weird? Noooooooooooooooo
- I dunno if I would call that guy’s comment rude, not that I’ve been in that situation before, but when someone makes a comment like Bedelia did I think asking ‘Is this that kind of party?’ is a fair fucking question, man. Note from Ian: Yeah, Hannibal seemed pretty delighted by the question. It's pretty clear that Hannibal kills Dimmond because he's a liability (and to teach Bedelia a lesson, as it were), not necessarily because of any action that could be construed as "rude."
- Vic is an Avid Fan, hahaha
- Ian says “we’re running short on time” with half of the episode left, everyone drink
- Once is all you really ever need to see Hannibal Rising
- Chiyo isn’t in Hannibal Rising (film), she’s the handmaiden of Lady Murasaki