(I want this image to be a painting I can put on my wall.)
SPOILERS UP TO (and including) HANNIBAL 2x01 (as well as mild spoilers for 2x02)
In this episode:
- Hannibal is BACK! Let the mental distress commence!
- We both have been dealing with the bane of our existences, Windows 8, so please bear with us as we work out the audio issues we seem to be having. At least this time the recorder didn't eat up anyone's words.
- Discussion of Hannibal 2x01 "Kaiseki," Hannibal and Jack's BRUTAL fight scene, the fallout of the events from last season's brain-liquifying season finale, the introduction of Cynthia Nixon's character Kade Prurnell, Will imprisoned, Bedelia in fuck shit i messed up levels of danger, and Hannibal framing Will by AHHHH WHY IS THE SOUNDTRACK ATTACKING OUR EARS.
- Ian brings up a few things he heard on the Nerdist Writers Panel episode with Bryan Fuller, where Fuller had quite a few interesting things to say about season 2 without giving TOO much away.
- Based on Fuller's comment that this season will echo Silence of the Lambs in a lot of ways, we speculate about how Mads Mikkelsen's performance will differ from Anthony Hopkins' if/WHEN (please be "when") they reach season 5 and tell the SotL storyline.
- The Ravenstag is still around! Yay!
- There's a lot of stuff we could've talked about this episode that we didn't end up talking about (Alana and the dogs, Jack and Winston--mostly stuff with the dogs, I guess), so if there's anything in particular you'd like us to pick up, definitely comment, shoot us an email, or contact us on Tumblr/Twitter/Facebook.
- There's a bunch of stuff I said I would link to. I will attempt to do so when I've had the chance to give the episode a second listen.
- Highlights from Fio's timestamps:
- 15:18 - If you could clean up what I was trying to say about the bullroarer here, you’re a saint
- 24:30 - I’m clearly trying to say “make light of” here, why the fuck couldn’t I come up with “make light of?”
- "This is My Design" - original song, music & lyrics by Ian. More on this as it develops.