In this episode:
- You WON'T find any Faustian bargain jokes, or any references to Dr. Faustus. I know. Color me surprised, as well.
- You WILL, however, find our discussion of Constantine 1x10 "Quid Pro Quo," including our love for all things Chas, recycled stories (and the subversion thereof), the TV portrayal of Felix Faust, and many, many tangents.
- All in all, though, we really liked this episode. W00T.
- Everything is Chas and nothing hurts. Well, actually, if you're Chas, everything FREQUENTLY hurts, but--you get what I mean.
- We have a few digressions, including one on the use of various names for zombies on The Walking Dead.
- Zed did things, too! Now if only they were character-developing things.
- We appreciate the writers taking time away from the ~*Rising Darkness*~ myth-arc to spend some time on one of our favorite characters.
- Somehow I misheard the medium Fennel's name as "Fennelly," so I misname him throughout the episode until Fio finally corrects me. Mea culpa.
- Thanks to everyone who has been sending in suggestions for what we should discuss in the interim between Constantine and Hannibal! Keep 'em coming; we've got plenty of time to fill.
- Alina: I completely forgot about your question about Constantine in the hanged man's pose until after we recorded. However, looking back at a screencap, I think the argument can definitely be made.
- Intro music: "This is My Design" - original song, music by Ian. More on this as it develops.
- Outro music: "Cat's in the Cradle" - Harry Chapin | YouTube | iTunes |
(Header image taken from http://screencapped.net/tv/constantine/thumbnails.php?album=16&page=6)