None more artful. *sniff*
SPOILERS UP TO (and including) THE HANNIBAL SEASON 3 FINALE, as well as for the novels and movies Manhunter, Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal.
In this episode:
- Alright, wipe away your tears, time to start talkin’ bout, talkin’ bout the Hannibal finale
- Vic joins us once again to discuss Hannibal 3x13 "The Wrath of the Lamb," including everything, and all of it happening so very, very much.
- Running to the end of this season, we basically have a full exploration of Will’s character when it comes to the source material.
- The article Fio references: Tracking Hannibal Lecter, from Manhunter to Red Dragon
- Book purist reactions and the deviations from the source material that have been inherent in Fuller’s “remixing” strategy since the beginning.
- Comparing and contrasting the various Dolarhyde stories, especially in reference to Reba’s story’s conclusion.
- The problem of Jack becoming more of a side character this season as opposed to his more central role in previous seasons.
- In her Aperitivo recap, Cleo actually gets deeper into the differing emotional ramifications of the show’s relationship between Hannibal and Crawford and the Book/Movie’s which we touch on only briefly here, but it’s good to mention.
- Digesting the reaction to the Hannibal Finale (see what I did there?)
- Is this really as close as we’re going to get to Hannigram Confirmed?
- Stay tuned in a couple of weeks for our series retrospective episode with Cleolinda Jones!
- I got nothin', so here are the highlights from Fio's timestamps:
- Hashtags are just stupid and funny. I don’t know why, but they are.
- I don’t agree with Vic’s reading of Red Dragon / Silence of the Lambs / Hannibal in regards to Will Graham vs Clarice, but I think we got away from it before I could interject. In Red Dragon, Hannibal completely fucking destroys Will so bad he becomes nothing more than a footnote in someone else’s narrative by the end of it, but in Hannibal he acknowledges that he can’t even predict how what he did would change Clarice, so I think my reading of the books is kind of the opposite of what he was proposing.
- Yes you do want to say “fall under Hannibal’s spell” admit it. ADMIT IT IAN
- Will absolutely will not go to jail after the jailbreak because Murder Wizardry > Real world experience in this show. Every damn time.