SPOILERS FOR ALL THREE SEASONS OF HANNIBAL, and potential spoilers for where they plan(ned) to take the series next.
In this episode:
- Cleolinda Jones joins us once again! We discuss the Hannibal panels at Dragon Con 2015 and the way the Hannibal TV series wrapped up.
- Cleo's Dragon Con experience was pretty awesome.
- Our discussion of Dragon Con mixes with our discussion of the Hannibal Finale.
- We get very deeply into discussions of the placement of Bedelia’s final scene, joking ways that Hannibal and Will could have survived, and the ramifications of the finale on all of Will’s emotional connections were the show to continue and he actually run off to Argentina with Hannibal.
- At 1:25:52, we begin our discussion about Hannibal as a show in a broader context, including how Bryan Fuller handled the show and its community, the contrast between the first and second halves of Season 3 (and the reasons thereof), and how we feel about the show as a whole.
- Part 1 and Part 2 of the now-infamous Hannibal panel where Scott Thompson and Aaron Abrams drove off storm troopers with finger-guns. (Header image screen-grabbed from Part 2.)
- Blight club: Mr. Robot, Hannibal, and self-destructive TV
- The Bait, by John Donne
- Keep us in your podcast feed! We're moving to a monthly format, so stay tuned next month for a special, Halloween-themed episode.
- Alternate titles for this episode:
- God, Tennis Balls
- Get Weird With The Lithuanian?
- Playing Around With Tiny Flaming Homoerotic Birds
- Highlights from Fio's timestamps:
- 36:38 - “Or something stupid like that” - Ian on American education. Ian from the future: “Critical Thinking,” that’s the homework question section I was thinking of.
- The Sordid Activities of Scott Thompson and Aaron Abrams
- “They should take it on the road” Yeah they should. Sorry, I’m terrible.
- Cleo shouldn’t feel bad about not being able to talk to famous people, I totally clammed up while meeting Gail Simone in bmore.
- “You can’t do that, people won’t be on board with that” - And the ratings told them that they were right, hahaha
- Man, we could probably talk about The Satanic Verses and its intrusive narrator forever.
- We get mad sappy about this show, dude.