"Midnite. I've come to invite you to join my boy band. Like my personal backlight?"
SPOILERS UP TO (and including) CONSTANTINE 1x13
In this episode:
- Alina of the Anglo-Filles podcast joins us!
- Discussion of Constantine 1x13 "Waiting for the Man," including the adaptation (or lack thereof) of the comic issue of the same name, the price on Constantine's head, the foggy motivations throughout the episode, and the lack of a season finale climax.
- WHY NO CHAS.
- Clearly there was more sexual tension going on between Constantine and Corrigan than either of them with Zed.
- The Manny reveal: ...the fuck?
- How did the switch from Liv to Zed end up suiting the series?
- Constantine season 2: Yay or Nay?
- Our next episode will be in two weeks (March 5). Trust us, we'll have a topic by then. For reelz.
- Thanks again to Alina for joining us!
- Ok, so I went back and re-read the "Waiting for the Man" issue of Hellblazer a bit more, and here's the deal: First of all, the girls don't show their "wedding rings" right off the bat. All they tell "Vesta" is that there's a Man who has a house and he lets them do whatever they want. So of course that's going to be attractive to a young kid whose home life sucks. Second, it's INCREDIBLY clear by the climax of the story that her mind is clouded by some sort of hypnotism/spell/trance, which is why she doesn't just bolt once she finds out about the "wedding rings." So seriously, TV show writers, what was the deal?
- Again: Let us know if there's anything in particular you want to hear us talk about on the podcast! You can contact us through the various options in the sidebar.
- Intro: "This is My Design" - original song, music by Ian. More on this as it develops.
- Outro: "Mice and Gods" - Clutch | YouTube | iTunes |