SPOILERS UP TO (and including) HANNIBAL 3x04
In this episode:
- Fio's triumphant return! W00T!
- Discussion of Hannibal 3x04 "Aperitivo," including Alana's new direction, Chilton trying and failing to get in on the game, Will's creepiness, the new Mason, and Jack and Bella.
- Iiiiiii'm snailiiiiiiiiiiing awaaaaaaaaaaaay....
- The complicated rights inherent in the Hannibal cancellation debacle
- Bryan Fuller thinks he can tighten the show up even further as the rest of us balk
- The anthology style of this episode
- The death in the S2 Finale resulting in the rebirth of S3, and the Wolf Man/Dracula/Frankenstein structure of these 3 seasons
- Our conflicting opinions on the new Verger portrayal
- You really can’t give Raul Esparza enough credit for his portrayal of Chilton
- All of the batshit cinematorgraphy in S3
- Highlights from Fio's notes:
- Chris Columbus actually directed the first two Home Alone movies which were decent
- Why did I not bring up Jodie Foster to Julianne Moore as the actor change reference? You’d think that would have been the first one that popped into mind, given what we’re discussing.