Wait...wasn't there a scene like this in Little Shop?
SPOILERS FOR REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA.
In this episode:
- The second installment of our Summer Musical Series!
- We discuss the 2008 adaptation of Repo! The Genetic Opera, including the cast, the plot, the music, and how it all churns into something that's both a mess and yet undeniably something we enjoy the hell out of.
- This is a flawed film, but there’s a lot to love in here.
- Comparing the needs of musical theater to the needs of film in terms of pacing and shit.
- The third act is really where the seams begin to show in this flick.
- This film is unabashedly for itself, which is definitely something to be respected.
- Next time: Evil Dead: The Musical!
- The Devil’s Carnival is unfortunately not on Netflix.
- From Fio: Referring to something like Linkin Park imbuing in you a “deep vein of metal” might get some people calling us out on our metal credentials, haha. ...That's fair. Direct any complaints directly to me. - Ian
- Luigi's line is actually "I will shoot you in the FACE!" My mistake.
- More from Fio:
- Would you say that they needed to explain the use of Zydrate in a way that’s quick, and clean, and pure? Booooo. - Ian
- Going back to talking about Infected, some of the lines in that are pretty awesome. Especially “Do you hear me, mother? Thanks for the disease.” I just really fucking love that line, hahaha.
- “Daddy’s girl’s a fucking monster” is also an amazing line, by the by.
- "This is My Design" - Ian Doherty | SoundCloud | Bandcamp |
- "Zydrate Anatomy" - Repo! The Genetic Opera Soundtrack | YouTube | Amazon |
- "Legal Assassin" - Repo! The Genetic Opera Soundtrack | YouTube | Amazon |
- "Infected" - Repo! The Genetic Opera Soundtrack | YouTube | Amazon |
- "At the Opera Tonight" - Repo! The Genetic Opera Soundtrack | YouTube | Amazon |