SPOILERS FOR TWIN PEAKS (THE ENTIRE SERIES)
In this episode:
- Cleolinda Jones joins us for our discussion of the second half of the original Twin Peaks TV series!
- But first, pour one out for Silent Hills.
- We’re still not entirely positive what’s going on with Lynch re: the Twin Peaks revival.
- Cleo sheds some light on what was going on behind the scenes in regards to Sherilyn Fenn, Lara Flynn Boyle, and the effects it had on the story
- The differing perspectives on the first season and the second, both with the audience and the cast
- Ben Horne’s arc is… iffy.
- Josie… yeah… Josie and the drawer handle.
- The places the Nadine Hurley story goes are also maaaaaaaaaad iffy.
- Tojimura: a whole ‘nother bucket of syrup.
- The character of Denise, aside from a few missteps, is actually handled pretty well.
- Lynch showing up in Louie gets touched on.
- We do manage to tie things back into Hannibal, of course.
- What could have been if Twin Peaks didn’t have to resolve the Laura Palmer mystery when he was forced to.
- Announcement: We're taking May off (life happens), but we will be back
With a Vengeancefor Hannibal Season 3.
- Highlights from Fio's timestamps:
- “Then a film noir breaks out” - Cleo on things that should really happen more often.
- Ben Horne doesn’t know how to people, but in a different way than Hannibal doesn’t know how to people and holy crap Deb from Dexter was in White Chicks. Those… aren’t connected. I have to stop working on the podcast when I haven’t eaten. Imma fix that really quick.
- "Laura Palmer's Theme" - Angelo Badalamenti (from Twin Peaks) | YouTube | iTunes |
- "This is My Design" - Ian Doherty | SoundCloud | Bandcamp (Coming June 2015) |
- "Laura Palmer" - Bastille | YouTube | iTunes |
(Image taken from http://symphoniaxi.tumblr.com/post/71556125072)