SPOILERS UP TO (and including) HANNIBAL 2x07
In this episode:
- Holy crap. I know we've said we meander in the past, but buckle in for this one, listeners.
- Discussion of Hannibal 2x07 "Yakimono," including the uncertain fate of Chilton, the uncertain brain chemistry of Miriam Lass, story structure and plotting, Jack's development as a character, and wendigos. Our verdict: there should be more of them. In modern horror fiction. Not just roaming around and eating people in general.
- We debate meta and in-story reasons for and against Chilton being dead. We hope he's not.
- What the fuck did Hannibal do to Miriam?
- Themes and philosophies at war in Fuller's scripts
- Chilton's house is furnished much differently than Fio imagined.
- How happy is Hannibal, having to be secretive so much of the time?
THERE'S ALWAYS AN ADDENDUM:
- The many faces of Frederick Chilton, Yakimono edition
- Tumblr user empty-motion's submission Re: Hannibal and musical form
- Highlights from Fio's timestamps:
- 2:22 - The podcast proper begins. Make a wish.
- 3:35 - 4:10 - This is that whole big digression where you thought I was confusing Chilton and Gideon. there’s probably a lot of waffling that we can clean out of here. And then eat. With syrup. And berries. Because waffles.
- Intro: "This is My Design" - original song, music by Ian. More on this as it develops.
- Outro: "Suggestions" - System of a Down | YouTube | iTunes |