SPOILERS UP TO (and including) HANNIBAL 3x08, MANHUNTER, and RED DRAGON
In this episode:
- After a 3 year time jump we catch up with all our old friends and learn just what they've been up to since the "capture" of Hannibal the Cannibal.
- It's kind of like catching up with your friends after you come back to school from the summer but with more violent family annihilation and better food.
- Alana is ruling the roost at the psychiatric ward and we're all kinds of psyched for that
- Why is Hannibal afforded so many special privileges? We know he's not the type to be a super good boy.
- Also, we're 90% sure he can escape whenever he damn well pleases and is only staying in one place so that Will knows where to find him.
- Speaking of Will, we're happy to see him happy and Molly's actually nice so there's no chance this isn't going to be wall-to-wall awful as his entire nice life falls apart.
- Hopefully we'll get to see some interactions that flesh out his relationship with his step-son before the dookie hits the fan, though
- We're still curious as to what happened with Margot and Alana, as that might be a bright spot in what's sure to be a very freaking dark half a season.
- Big picture questions about Will as the prototype for the disturbed genius profiler cliche and how that might play into the rest of his story this season.
- Will hasn't been to see Hannibal in any of the 3 years of his captivity, dude can't be happy about that. At all.
- Here's the tumblr post regarding Molly that Ian mentioned.
- If you haven't voted for Hannibal in this poll for 100 greatest TV shows and Bryan Fuller as subsequent best showrunner, you probably should now.
- An anonymous Tumblr user cleared up Ian's confusion RE: Hannibal's "rebuttal" about Chilton. Thanks!