SPOILERS FOR RESIDENT EVIL 7 & 4.
In this episode:
- We're back this month to discuss Resident Evil 7: Biohazard. Fio's a long-time RE fan, and Ian got to play both the demo and the game on PSVR, so there's quite some ground that gets covered.
- It’s good having someone doing something in the style of P.T. since Konami has no interest in games anymore, apparently.
- While there are definitely complaints to be made about some samey-ness in the monster design, the Baker villains were all very well crafted and they exude character in their appearances.
- The setpieces in this game are really strong, especially the house. As mentioned the Bakers are also really strong/well-realized monsters and characters. The story, to be charitable, is not so much.
- In the opening act of the game, uh, you get fucked up bad. You get fucked up real bad.
- This game is just really well paced and plotted and all around a solid outing, which is definitely refreshing after the mess that was Resi 6.
- We talk briefly about competing philosophies in terms of how developed your main characters should be in games.
- Ian found a cool couple of Behind the Scenes featurettes on YouTube (SPOILERS):
THERE'S ALWAYS AN ADDENDUM:
- Next is our 100th episode! Also...just about...our five year anniversary? Daaaaaaamn.
- Also, the first teaser for the new adaptation of Stephen King's It was just released, and we're both excited.