Ooooo, i c wut u did thar, show.
SPOILERS FOR THE X-FILES SEASON 10 & 4x02 "HOME." Mild spoilers for the Gravity Falls finale.
In this episode:
- We discuss all six episodes of The X-Files Season 10, including the good, the bad, and the "Babylon."
- We talk about the tricky narrative territory that X-Files occupies somewhere at the intersection of Sci-Fi, Horror, and occasionally Fantasy.
- How Clueless Is Chris Carter? We’re taking bets on that one.
- The breathtakingly bewildering decision to try and cover everything they had to say this season in six episodes.
- If anyone can get us into the writers’ room for the X-Files, please give us a call.
- Next time: Fio and Ian give their thoughts on The Witch (2015)!
- Nerdist.com: Review: THE X-FILES 5th Episode "Babylon" Said All the Wrong Things
- AV Club: "See you next summer": Alex Hirsch says goodbye to Gravity Falls
- The exact quote Fio references: "...the idea of Agent Cooper being the one to drive Dipper and Mabel home made me feel like, yeah, they’re going to be all right."
- The Mall of Cthulhu, the novel Fio mentions
- Home was Season 4, Episode 2, not 11. So close.
- From Fio: I had not heard of the so-called “shit sandwich” critique before. Is this a thing? Indeed: The Shit Sandwich and Other Terrible Ways to Give Feedback