Wednesday, December 18, 2013

026: Indie Horror and the Chamber of Creepypasta

File:Slender playground.jpg

SPOILERS FOR WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE (Year One)

In this episode:
THERE'S ALWAYS AN ADDENDUM:
  • This has nothing to do with the episode, but Fio sent this to me before we started recording, and I wanted to share it.
  • In retrospect, it might have been more appropriate to categorize this episode as "Internet horror" rather than "indie horror." Oh, well.
  • Fio wanted me to mention that, in regards to a lot of the movies we mention toward the end of the podcast--they're not necessarily "good," but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not worth watching.
  • From Fio's timemarks: "53:00 – I didn't really lay into you on the podcast, but your characterization of both Mary Shelley and Robinson Crusoe as Victorian is incorrect, haha." In my defense, I wasn't saying Robinson Crusoe was Victorian--I was trying to recall if paid-by-the-word spanned from the Robinson Crusoe-era to the Victorian era. My apologies for labeling Frankenstein as Victorian literature, though.
  • In reference to Tribe Twelve: I say that the beginning of the story is based around the poster's visit with his "friend"--it's actually his cousin.
Music:
  • Intro: "Mad World" - Adam Lambert (Cover) | YouTube |
  • Outro: "Der Erlkönig" - Franz Schubert (performed by Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau & Gerald Moore) | YouTube | iTunes |
(Screenshot taken from http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/File:Slender_playground.jpg. I did my best to find something that wasn't completely horrifying to use as a cover image, but also wouldn't get me in trouble with use permission and such. Otherwise I probably would've used a Trenderman comic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment