Wednesday, December 4, 2013

025: The Walking Dead 4x08 "Too Far Gone" - Dead Air



SPOILERS FOR THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 4 MID-SEASON FINALE (as well as spoilers for Albert Camus' The Stranger and Schindler's List [1993])

In this episode:
  • Discussion of The Walking Dead 4x08 "Too Far Gone," including the final showdown between Rick and the Governor, the legacy left behind by one of our favorite characters, where the group stands now, and the differences in the ways that NBC's Hannibal and AMC's The Walking Dead handle violence and gore.
  • The Nerdist's recap of the episode, which I reference multiple times throughout this episode
  • What the fuck is up with that thing nailed to the wall?
  • What the fuck is up with Lizzie?
  • What the fuck are they going to do now that Hershel's gone and everyone's separated?
  • What the fuck are they going to do about shelter and protection without the prison?
  • What the fuck?
  • Alas, Tara and Alisha were not to be.
  • I pull in several different references and connections this episode. Bear with me.
  • Our next episode will be in two weeks (12/19), and we'll be discussing either indie horror or horror video games--so stay tuned!
  • Let us know on Tumblr if there are other horror topics you'd like us to cover.
THERE'S ALWAYS AN ADDENDUM:
  •  I started thinking more about the Schindler's List scene I referenced, and I think what Schindler was actually trying to convince Goeth of was that the greatest sign of power is being able to show mercy. Again, I've only seen the movie once.
  • Highlights from Fio's timemarking:
    • 45:40 - I pause. I pause like a fiend. A fiendish fiend. 
    • 47:25 - I say “crush his enemies under his heel” which is a cliche. In hindsight, I should have said something more colorful like “Be king shit of zombiefuck mountain.”
    • 55:19 - I need to find another word to use in place of pause.
    • 56:14 - Fenrap. That’s my new word for pause.
    • 1:01:17 - No edits, but my stomach just made a forlorn little whimper as I type this. I already ate though, so I have no idea why. Any thoughts? 
    • 1:13:35 - How do I not come up with the word “humanity” in here? Carrying on with a degree of humanity, fhtagn, how fucking inarticulate can I be… 
    • 1:15:50 - FUCKING CHESS PIECE. WALKING DEAD WRITERS, GO TO YOUR ROOMS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU’VE DONE. 
Music:

  • Intro: "A Song for the Dead" - Queens of the Stone Age | YouTube | iTunes
  • Outro: "The Day the World Went Away" - Nine Inch Nails | YouTube | iTunes |

(Screencap from http://screencapped.net/tv/thewalkingdead/thumbnails.php?album=1455&page=20, meme made using memecreator.org)

http://archive.org/download/AMOT025/AMOT025.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment