Wednesday, June 19, 2013

008: Hannibal 1x12 "Relevés" - Flamey Staggy Glory













SPOILERS UP TO (and including) HANNIBAL 1x12 

In this episode:
  • We have an official contest post! Check out the prize! Deadline is June 27th, so get on it!
  • Tattle-crime.com Interview with Bryan Fuller 
  • We go into a little bit of detail on our plans over the summer. In short: moving to a bi-weekly format, we'll try and get some guests on, discuss horror-themed stuff, etc.
  • Discussion of Hannibal 1x12 "Relevés," Georgia's fate, Will figuring out stuff but not quite cracking it, Jack Crawford getting some stuff right and other stuff horribly wrong, and once again, Hannibal proving that he's the Devil incarnate
  • There is a whole lotta episode here, so we jump around quite a bit.
  • Our text conversation during the episode. This show is very stressful.
  • Silkie chicken
  • Stop-motion live action = “Goosestepping.” It’s a thing. For me, at least. Actually, looking back at that clip, it's not quite as pronounced as I remember, but you get the idea.
  • How does Hannibal do horror better than most modern horror movies? Let me count the ways.
  • Dead theory: it's what's on the menu.
  • A session of Wild Mass Guessing, for kicks, since we're approaching the season finale
  • The NBC Hannibal Tumblr, in all its glory
THERE'S ALWAYS AN ADDENDUM:
  • The post I quote from at the end--I screwed up the friggin' joke. The line is, "And in that moment, I SWEAR we were all that blanket."
  • I started thinking about it today--perhaps part of the reason Will is just sort of all, "Yeah, killing your dad felt good" in that scene at the psychiatric hospital with Abigail might've been because he was willing to say whatever to get on her good side and convince her to come with him? Who knows. Either Will's being genuine, in which case it's creepy, or he's not, in which case he's being manipulative, and makes me think he's been hanging out with Hannibal too much. Of course, there are plenty of OTHER reasons why Will has been hanging out with Hannibal too much, but--you get the point.
Music:
(Screencap by me, since I couldn't find one online that I liked. You know how many times I had to watch Georgia getting gored while trying to get this pic?)

http://archive.org/download/AMOT008/AMOT008.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment