Sunday, October 5, 2014

B03: It's Cold In This House, Pt. I



In this episode:
  • The first of four installments of "It's Cold In This House," a short story Ian wrote back in high school.
  • Sixteen-year-old Erica and her parents are staying in the home of her childhood friend Kurt while they move into a new house. When Kurt and Erica investigate an open window in the middle of the night, neither of them are prepared for what follows.
  • Written, performed, and music by Ian Doherty.
  • The whole story:
THERE'S ALWAYS AN ADDENDUM:
  • Sorry this is so late. Originally there wasn't going to be music, but my brain won't let me half-ass anything, so once I was like "Hey! I could do music for this!", I couldn't not. I think it was worth it, but who am I to judge? 
  • Holy flashbacks, Batman.
(Header image: Me, freshman year of college, done up very simply as a character from this story. It was Halloween, and our writing club decided we should dress up as characters from our own fiction. I'm proud to say that, IIRC, I was the only person whose costume was particularly Halloween appropriate.)

http://archive.org/download/AMOTB03/AMOTB03.mp3

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ian,

    *snorts loudly at "Halloween appropriate"* I do recall attending this particular FASSC meeting dressed as my story's bored, murder-piqued, Dorian Gray-inspired sociopathic-dandy interpretation of Mephistophilis, ah-thankyouverymuch.
    -Fio

    ReplyDelete